Monday, June 23, 2008

Carlin Rest in Peace

George Carlin died Sunday at 71.

As much as i would like to think that my current skepticism developed in a vacuum, it didn't. The HBO shows of Carlin and other like him were a kind of catalyst after high school. I agreed with him on most of the political and social issues, not so much now. I still very much with him on kids and language. Reason has a nice piece on the topic: The Cunning Linguist. I keep meaning to get to his early stuff, just haven't and my never. We all should spent a little time on YouTube or the like and catch some of the highlights, especially if your not familiar with him.

George Carlin on "the American Dream"


George Carlin - Saving the Planet

He is a great lose for those that have views that don't fit into nice little boxes.


A collection of reactions at OTB: George Carlin Dies at 71

No comments: